The manual referral form allows you to report referrals made without using your referral links. After submitting a referral manually, the app owner will review the request and approve or decline it.
Please note! You can use the manual referrals only if you are confident that a particular store has installed the app following your advice and you are a registered affiliate of this app.
If you have used the referral link, the referral will show up in the next 24h, and there is no need to report it manually.
There are two main reasons to submit a manual referral:
- You have installed the app manually or told a merchant to do so without your affiliate link.
- You sent the link to a merchant, It's been more than 24 hours, and you can't find your referral on the platform.
Go to the
Referralspage and click the "Add referral manually" button.
Fill in the form with the required data. Here is the data you will be requested to provide:
- App name Choose the app you have referred
- Referred store URL The full .myshopify domain of the store you have referred (ex. https://store.myshopify.com).
- Referral date The date you made the referral
- Additional info (optional) Add any information to help the app owner know you have made the referral.
Once you finish, hit the "Submit" button and wait for the app owner's approval.
While submitting referrals manually from this page, you will need to provide only the date and store URL.
After an affiliate submits a manual referral, the app owner will receive a notification with the data. The app owner can review the request and decide if to approve it or not.
The app owner can add manual referrals directly from the affiliate details page in the app owner dashboard.
Please note! Adding a manual referral on behalf of an affiliate will approve the referral immediately.
To do that, go to the affiliate page and click the "Add referral manually" button on the top right.